Conserva Irrigation is World-Class
because their franchisees say they are!
Founded on the principles of water conservation, Conserva Irrigation® delivers professional, innovative, and environmentally responsible irrigation services to its clients, including both residential homeowners and commercial property owners.
Conserva’s environmentally responsible approach to irrigation reduces water use from sprinkler systems by up to 60% for a typical property while fostering lush, healthy lawns and landscapes and an attractive ROI to both property owners and franchisees.
From repairs, maintenance, system redesigns, upgrades of existing irrigation systems, design and installation of new irrigation systems, and drainage projects, Conserva offers full-service irrigation services to both residential and commercial properties.
As the first franchise offering in the irrigation industry, Conserva offers clients the professionalism and comfort of dealing with a national branded entity compared to a small local “mom and pop” across the industry sector.
The Conserva business model includes:
- Proven client acquisition and retention systems;
- Proprietary irrigation system inspection methods to identify and communicate needed repairs and system efficiency upgrade opportunities to clients in order to secure sales;
- Year-round cycle of irrigation-focused services to offer franchisees tactics to smooth any seasonality in their local market;
- Consistent and predictable high-margin business model that produces median 61.0% gross profit margins for the top performing franchisees (As described in Item 19 in the Conserva Irrigation 2020 Franchise Disclosure Document);
- Recurring revenue business model by “productizing” the service offerings into annual service agreements that creates stickiness of client relationships and revenue;
- Professionally installed drainage solutions to manage sudden downpours or continual rainfall in a very short period of time, thus mitigating the damage to expensive landscapes and home foundations;
- National and regional account opportunities developed by the franchisor where the work is subcontracted out to franchisees;
- Robust proprietary field services IT platform for franchisees to market and operate their businesses; and
- Established supply chain relationships with manufacturers and distributors that provides a cost of goods advantage to Conserva franchisees over local competitors.
Having launched as a franchise in July 2017 after five years of testing the model in nine markets throughout the country, Conserva has grown to surpass 100 locations in less than 3 ½ years. Among its numerous awards, it has been recognized on the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest growing private companies in 2019 and 2020. Conserva’s system sales continued to grow rapidly during the COVID-19 pandemic as American’s hunkered down at home, they increased investments in home improvement and maintenance activities and Conserva is well-positioned to take advantage of this increased demand.
Conserva Irrigation offers several key competitive advantages:
- Booming Industry: COVID-resistant industry with over 50 million irrigation systems in the ground across the United States that need regular repair and servicing.
- Emerging from Enterprise: Backed by a large multi-branded exterior home services franchise company, Outdoor Living Brands, that has successfully scaled four similar franchise businesses.
- First Mover Advantage: Conserva is the first irrigation franchise bringing professionalism, innovation and environmental responsibility to a “mom and pop” dominated industry.
- Environmental Responsibility: Conserva is an irrigation company that focuses on water conservation. Fresh water is the world’s most precious natural resource and, when an irrigation system is present, it accounts for almost 60% of the gallons used annually by a residential homeowner. Reducing water used in a sprinkler system is a property owners single largest opportunity to save water and lower its water bill.
- Proprietary Sales Methodology: Conserva pioneered the development of a System Efficiency Score® (SES) to quantifiably rate irrigation systems and establish strong buying motivations.
- Simple Scalable Model: Home-based, rapid launch, few employees.
- Attractive Unit Economics: Strong AUV’s, quick ramp-up, high gross profit margins and recurring revenue model produces attractive franchise ROI.
- Exceptional Franchisee Validation: Excited franchisees; Outstanding franchisee-franchisor relationships proven through annual 3rd party confidential validation research.
- Customized, Proprietary Field Services IT Platform: Full enterprise IT platform handling marketing, field ops, inventory management, scheduling, routing, invoicing, payment processing and financial reporting integration.
- Highly Accredited Business Coaches: Our franchise operations business coaches have a combined 100+ years of industry experience and collectively have earned and maintained every available industry accreditation, ASLA Backflow certification, including an in-house certified arborist.
- Supply Chain Relationships: Negotiated supply chain relationships provide cost of goods advantage for franchisees over local competitors.
- Regional and National Accounts: Conserva boasts a footprint that is attractive to enable the brand to secure national and regional accounts that local “mom and pop” contractors cannot serve.
Ideal candidates for Conserva Irrigation include many of the following attributes:
- Highly client service-orientation;
- Sales and marketing backgrounds;
- Outgoing individuals who enjoy building relationships and networking in their local communities;
- Self-starters, motivated, ambitious individuals wanting to build a scalable business;
- Ability to recruit, train, lead and retain a team of dedicated employees;
- Business management experience that includes P&L responsibility;
- Willing and comfortable following a proven franchise model and operating systems; and
- Competitive and results driven.
Initial franchise fees are $49,500 for a single territory, $89,500 for a two-territory package and $119,500 for a three-territory package. Discounts available as a VetFran participant and for conversion franchise for candidates that currently operate an independent irrigation business.
Total investment range between $81,800 to $102,250 for a single territory.
Minimum liquid capital of $50,000.
Minimum net worth of $250,000.
Partial financing options are available to qualified applicants.